Personal Wellness (Lite)
This is a new section that will shortly contain the entire text of Simply Well, a more general book about wellness than the Wellness Workbook that makes up the other Personal Wellness area.
The 32 chapters of Simply Well are divided into 4 parts, which are outlined below. If the topics interest you, we recommend that you start at the beginning and work your way through, but as you get into it, you'll be able to see the chapter titles and pick and chose among them if you prefer. (more)
Part I contains eight areas that will orient your initial steps toward wellness and will provide you with foundation skills that will prove useful all along the way. Welcome to the journey to wellness.
Use Part I to:
- consider simplifying your life
- honor the innate wisdom of your body
- breathe better to feel better
- appreciate the role of emotions in health
- discover what you already know about wellbeing
- "program" yourself for health
- connect to nature for healing and a healthier perspective
- set goals for your wellness journey
Too often you are challenged without being adequately prepared. It's like running or climbing a mountain without warming up first. Part II will help you loosen up. You will be guided in ways to nurture yourself in preparation for the challenges that lie ahead.
In Part II you will learn how to:
- make physical stretching a part of your everyday routine
- eliminate much of the unnecessary tension you carry around
- center yourself through meditation
- use water for healing and nourishment
- give yourself a healing massage
- take a break from seriousness and laugh more
In Part III you will encounter information, exercises, and choices that will demand more of a commitment to making wellness a way of life rather than a hobby or weekend diversion.
Part III addresses:
- aerobic exercise
- nutritional awareness
- dietary change
- commonsense safety measures
- building friendships
- improved listening skills for improved communications
- assertiveness training
- creating a healthier work environment
- cleaning up your environment
Part IV contains material of a more spiritual nature - areas that some may consider unconventional or uncomfortable. We believe these areas are integral to the study of wellness, touching upon essential human needs such as inner peace and a sense of meaning. Welcome to the pinnacle of your wellness journey, resplendent with new possibilities for your growth and healing.
Part IV introduces:
- using music to enhance your health
- cultivating silence for sanity
- spiritual dimensions of exercise
- creating a bigger context for health
- compassion for self and others
- mental visualization for healing and stress management
- risk taking
- learning to live in the here and now
- making a friend of death
Note: The links below are a compact version of the above links.
Introduction: Simply Well
Part I: Starting Points
Part II: Loosening Up
Part III: Taking Action
Part IV: One Step Beyond